Saturday, July 7, 2012

Messy


Personal neatness is not particularly high on our little 3-year old's list of priorities. Neither, apparently, is submission to parental authority. In ordering K-bao to clean up her room, and not to emerge until it was clean, K-Pop encountered the following ten excuses, diversions, arguments, general extenuations and mitigants, over the course of about 30 minutes.
  • "I'm a little bit hungry right now, can I come out and get something to eat?"
  • "I very, very, VERY don't like clean up, can I not clean up PLEASE?"
  • "But Mommy is not cleaning up"
  • "Can YOU help me clean up? Just a little bit?"
  • "I have a tummy ache, Daddy, I need to lie down"
  • "I don't want to clean up right now, but before I nap I promise, very, VERY promise, to clean up this whole, wide mess!"
  • "I'm tired right now, I can't clean up, I need to take a nap"
  • "Why aren't YOU cleaning up?"
  • "I need to go pee-pee"
  • "I'm cleaning up, but I'm too hungry Daddy"
Ah, good ole' Original Sin. There's nothing quite like a toddler to help elucidate theological truths.

K-Pop found himself in the unenviable position of being exasperated while simultaneously admiring his daughter's tenacious creativity in avoiding the task at hand. 

Woe to the one who will have to make this little rebel do homework and obey curfews in the future! O wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#TimeFlies

January 1, 2021! How time flies. K-bao's growth from a spunky little kid to a rambunctious tween is one of the most tangible markers of ...