Saturday, February 21, 2015

Azul


(Overheard)

K-bao, smugly: "How do you say 'Blue' in Spanish, Xiao Ah-Yi?"
AC (Aunt Christina): "Azul." 
K-bao: "It's Azul with a 'zzz' not a 'sss.'"
AC: "Um, I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Assssul. I took Spanish for eight years, K-bao."
K-bao: "Well, that was a long time ago, and I take it almost every day now, so obviously I know more Spanish than you do. It's Azzzzzul."

(long pause by Aunt Christina while digesting that zinger, confidence clearly shaken)

AC: "I'm pretty sure I'm right K-bao. In fact...." (while furiously Googling on her iPhone)..."I bet you my house, and all of my earnings to date. And if you're wrong, I'll take all of your money."
K-bao: "Fine. That's ten dollars. I'm going to go ask Ms. McDonald. She's great at Spanish."
AC: "Is that your Spanish teacher? "
K-bao: "No, that's my gym teacher."


No comments:

Post a Comment

#TimeFlies

January 1, 2021! How time flies. K-bao's growth from a spunky little kid to a rambunctious tween is one of the most tangible markers of ...