Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hat Trick+

Let the record show that in league play yesterday young K-bao scored not one, not two, not three, but five goals for her soccer team the Lions. Almost a double hat trick.

Interestingly, on the car before the game, while we were still waiting for various family members to join us, K-bao had initiated the following dialogue with K-Pop:
  • "Daddy, would you be upset if I didn't score today?" Of course not!
  • "Well, would you be upset if I didn't try my best?" Well, I would probably be disappointed.
  • "What if I scored a million goals but didn't try my best?" I still wouldn't like that.
  • "Well, what if I tried my best but didn't score at all?" I would be very proud of you.
  • "But you'd be the happiest if I tried my best and scored like 5 goals right?" Yes I suppose. But don't focus on the number of goals you're going to score.
Well, lo and behold, K-bao settled on the best outcome. And delivered exactly that number. 

Here is in fact the fifth goal (which was more of a tap-in on a rebound, after a fantastic charge downfield and an excellent first shot on goal...K-Pop wasn't fast enough with his camera on the other ones). 





No comments:

Post a Comment

#TimeFlies

January 1, 2021! How time flies. K-bao's growth from a spunky little kid to a rambunctious tween is one of the most tangible markers of ...